Perth’s Best Summer Hotel Deal
Tick Perth off your Bucket List this Summer. Book Today and Save up to 30% off Accommodation.
Crowne Plaza Perth is giving you even more reasons to holiday in Perth with our Summer Sale. You’ll explore like a local with accommodation starting from $129* per night. Plan your summer staycation, much awaited family holiday, weekend getaway or a surprise romantic escape. Stay in Perth’s best riverside hotel on Langley Park with Swan River views.
- Save up to 30% off* accommodation with Crowne Plaza Perth
- Room rate starting from $129* per night
- Valid for stays from 18th November 2018 to 15th April 2018 at Crowne Plaza Perth
- Book direct with us. Whatever your holiday plans, you are guaranteed the lowest price with our Best Price Guarantee.
Image Credit: Tourism WA
Guide to Perth’s Hottest Summer Events
If the weather forecast is anything to go by Perth is in for a red-hot summer. And there will be events galore in the summer months of 2017/18. From International sporting stars to Christmas extravaganzas, exciting ways to celebrate the New Year and the fabulous Fringe World Festival. With so much happening in the city of Perth you’ll want to be around to enjoy the festivities.
Christmas in the City
All the excitement of Christmas happens this December in Perth with a range of events to celebrate the festive season.
Santa will be appearing in the City of Perth on November 18th in Forrest Place. Join Santa as he turns on over 100,000 Christmas lights and decorations throughout the CBD, All the festive lights, as well as Perth’s biggest Christmas tree (complete with new decorations!) will be glittering each night till January 5th. Visit the Experience Perth website to find out more about the The City at Christmas, hosted by City of Perth.
Santa’s Magical Kingdom
Santa’s Magical Kingdom is an enchanting Christmas extravaganza held in the Crown Pyramid. It features a walk through winter wonderland, international circus acts, fairground rides, craft activities and more! It’s a delightful family event that will get both young and old into the Christmas spirit.
Summer of Sport
Sports nuts will be spoilt for choice with a range of top sporting events this summer.
The Ashes is set to be extra special this year – with the famous England Vs Australia cricket test match being held at the WACA for the very last time. The test match is happening from the 14th to the 18th of December. The historic WACA ground is just a short stroll from the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Cricket fans get ready for this year’s Big Bash. Australia’s Professional Twenty20 cricket league is one of Perth’s most exciting sporting events. With 8 teams in the tournament, match days attract fans from all over the country. Our local team, Perth Scorchers has won the tournament two years consecutively. The Big Bash is starting 26 December to 25 January at the WACA ground minutes away from Crowne Plaza Hotel.
The “Fed-Express” is again staring at Perth’s biggest international tennis competition – the Hopman Cup. Roger Federer is just one of the many professional tennis players that will be playing in the tournament at Perth Arena from the 30th of December to 6th of January. Previous winner Australia’s Daria Gavrilova will be joined by rising star Thanasi Kokkinakis.
Perth Cup, held on New Year’s Day, is an annual sporting tradition in Perth. Get your glad rags on and enjoy a day of fun, food, live entertainment and of course horse racing at Ascot Racecourse. We bet you’ll have a memorable day at Perth Cup!
Summer is the perfect time for an outdoor celebration, be it bringing in the New Year or celebrating our national day.
The city’s official midnight countdown happens in the centre of Northbridge. Kick off 2018 in style at the Cuban Club on New Years’ Day. By the banks of the Swan River, where there’s tunes, delicious food and a touch of Hollywood glam.
The Australia Day fireworks on 26th January 2017 over the Swan River are a spectacular sight witnessed by 300,000 West Australians. The exciting annual event is a great excuse to throw down a picnic blanket on the banks of the Swan River at Langley Park with family and friends. There’s an amazing view from the Crowne Plaza’s river view rooms too!
Fringe World Festival
There are always plenty of festivals and things to do in Perth during the warm summer nights. The always fresh Fringe World Festival is back for another year. From burlesque to comedy, cabaret and many other weird, wacky and wonderful shows, which are guaranteed to entertain. Find events in various venues around Northbridge and Perth from the 26th of January to the 25th of February.
There’s nothing more summer than to enjoy a picnic at one of Perth’s outdoor cinemas. Just a minutes’ walk from Crowne Plaza hotel you’ll find the Ben and Jerry’s Outdoor cinema. The Moonlight Cinema in Kings Park is also a beautiful spot for a film on a balmy evening and the rooftop movies in Northbridge give a stunning view of the city skyline by night.
There’s a lot happening in Perth this summer and Crowne Plaza Perth is perfectly situated to enjoy these sizzling events!
Allow plenty of time to explore Perth city and surrounding attractions. Make Kings Park, St Mary’s Cathedral, His Majesty’s Theatre and Scitech Discovery Centre essential stops on your sight seeing plan. However, Perth has some wonderful places to explore just outside the main centre.
Step back in time to the 19th Century. Perth’s bustling port, Fremantle, is steeped in history, yet has become the hub for eccentrics, foodies and artisans. Just 30 minutes from Perth CBD, you can enjoy Freo’s cappuccino strip, markets and brewery, as well as tour famous historical landmarks, Fremantle Prison and Maritime Museum.
Read more about Fremantle on our blog.
Perth’s Best Beaches
Whether you are looking to hit the waves for a surf, a sunbake on the sand, a paddle in the shallows or eat some fish & chips on a patch of grass, Perth’s beaches have it all.
- Just 15 minute drive from the city, Cottesloe is known for its crystal clear water, as well as one of Perth’s most loved fish and chip shops Amberjacks.
- Scarborough is one of Perth’s best-knownsurf beaches. A foreshore lined with shops, cafes and restaurants makes it a great place for a stroll. The area has one of the busiest event calendars, hosting beach volleyball and music.
- Known for its pristine white sands, Leighton Beach is just a 30-minute drive south of Perth, 5 minutes north of Fremantle. A great choice for families, Leighton Beach has calmer waters perfect for snorkelling or swimming.
In the mood for an adventure? Take a road trip and explore one of Western Australia’s day-trip destinations.
Referred to as Perth’s “Valley of Taste”, Swan Valley is just a 25-minute drive from Perth CBD and the place to visit boutique wineries and chocolate factories.
- The award winning Mandoon Estate has a wonderful cellar door and world-class restaurant where you can overlook the vineyard as you dine.
- Sandalford Winery is one of the oldest and largest family owned wineries in the country. Their wine portfolio is renowned Australia wide.
- Oakover Grounds produces seven wine varietals to tantalise your taste buds and a relaxed dining cafe. The grounds provide the opportunity for a paddle in the lake or a game of backyard cricket.
- Margaret River Chocolate Factory offers free entry and free chocolate tastings. After seeing how the chocolate is made, soak up the sun on the café’s deck while indulging in delicious chocolate treats including chocolate fondues and cake.
Perth Summer Deals
Accommodation from $129* this Summer in Perth
Tick Perth off your travel bucket list this summer and save on your accommodation at Crowne Plaza Perth. With accommodation from $129*per night, you’ll be sure to experience the perfect WA getaway. Enjoy all that Perth has to offer in its best riverside hotel on Langley Park with Swan River views.